Reporting directly to the President & CEO, the Senior Administrative Assistant provides executive and administrative support to the President & CEO as well as the firm’s Leadership Team. The Senior Administrative Assistant also provides in-depth scheduling and administrative support to the Ignite Philanthropy client teams through coordinating meetings with clients and stakeholders alike. This position offers an unparalleled opportunity to learn about and be connected to the philanthropy sector and Greater Cincinnati community.
This position requires a rapid pace, clear communication, high level of discretion, critical thinking and advanced organizational and prioritization skills necessary for multitasking and keeping the company’s calendars operating efficiently. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and be able to work effectively with others in a small office environment. Professionalism, a service-oriented personality, excellent organizational skills, and exemplary written and oral communication skills are critical.
Executive & Team Assistance
- Serve as a core member of the Ignite Philanthropy team to support the work of both the Non-Profit Services Division and the Philanthropic Services Division
- Serve as primary scheduler and assistant for the Non-Profit Services Division
- Maintain the President & CEO’s calendar with acute attention to detail ensuring all arrangements are made for meetings and conference calls, including but not limited to booking off-site meeting rooms and making lunch/dinner reservations
- Coordinate and schedule client and stakeholder meetings
- Maintain confidential files and contact information for President & CEO and the entire firm
- Coordinate regional and domestic travel arrangements for CEO and Vice Presidents, as well as execute arrangements for their attendance to local fundraising events, board meetings and social events
- Draft and/or dictate correspondence from CEO or Vice Presidents
- Proofread correspondence and documents as needed
Office Administrative Support
- Be the face of Ignite Philanthropy by addressing and responding to all phone calls, greeting guests and providing exceptional hospitality
- Prepare conference rooms and office space for internal and external meetings; including but not limited to organizing and setting up lunch orders, meeting materials and troubleshooting presentation technology
- Participate in and actively exemplify a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Contribute to the ongoing development of infrastructure, processes and procedures for the organization
- Participate in interdepartmental collaboration between the Non-Profit Services and Philanthropic Services divisions
- A minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Proven ability to prioritize conflicting needs and address matters expeditiously, proactively and diplomatically
- Proven ability to anticipate business needs and use critical thinking and solutions-oriented approach
- Exceptional attention to detail and impeccable follow-through
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills
- Ability to earn trust, confidence and respect amongst the internal team, clients, and external stakeholders
- Ability to discern and administer confidential matters
- Strong display of professionalism, poise, positive attitude and service-orientation
- Computer skills – must be highly skilled in the use of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, Google Suite, specifically Google Calendar and have the ability to learn common software platforms
- A bachelor’s degree and requisite 3-5 years of experience, or an associate degree with 5-7 years’ experience
- Knowledge of and experience in the non-profit sector and working within the philanthropic community is preferred
- Be able to work the core hours of 9:00a – 5:00p and occasionally be able to work before or after these hours to support client meetings or special events
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- Salary based on experience ($40,000 - $50,000)
- Competitive benefits package including parking stipend, paid vacation, health insurance and retirement contribution match
Submit cover letter and resume to Bethany Monahan at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
ABOUT IGNITE PHILANTHROPY:
Our Mission: To connect people, ideas and capital to fuel community solutions.
Aspiring to maximize the power of giving, Ignite Philanthropy works with private donors and non-profit organizations to leverage their resources and ideas to achieve greater impact in the communities they serve. Ignite Philanthropy serves the entire philanthropic and non-profit sector—from individuals, companies and foundations seeking to manage and enhance their charitable giving to non-profits looking for an experienced partner to help raise capital to accomplish their mission.
Ignite Philanthropy’s Non-Profit Services Division provides strategic fundraising services and manages multi-million-dollar fundraising campaigns for non-profit clients. Our Non-Profit Services team combines deep knowledge of the local donor landscape with decades of non-profit fundraising and management experience and a track record of completing major capital campaigns for organizations both in Cincinnati and throughout the country. Our team has raised more than $175 Million in private dollars for non-profit capital projects and initiatives.
Ignite Philanthropy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourage a diverse pool of candidates to apply. Ignite Philanthropy is fully committed to equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment.